SoulStar Botanical Facial Steam:
Small Batch Formulation by a certified aromatherapist.
Suitable for most skin types.
A blend of dried herbs and essential oil infused salts.
The many therapeutic benefits of a botanical facial steam:
Hydrates and moisturizes the skin, reduces inflammation, increases circulation – blood flow – which promotes collagen and elastin production, boosts absorption and promotes relaxation! When hot water is added to the botanical blend, their therapeutic properties are released. The steam opens the pores, allowing your skin to receive the full benefits.
Herbs included in the Facial Steam:
A soothing, gentle herb to reduce inflammation & cracked dry skin. Perfect for dry, sensitive and/or mature skin types. Cleanses and minimizes pores. Can reduce blemishes.
A beautiful addition to face steams. A soothing and skin rejuvenating herb, promotes healing, improves blood circulation, firming, anti-inflammatory and can increase the skin’s resilience.
A natural antibacterial and antiseptic. Anti inflammatory, can reduce puffiness, healing and soothing.
Soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, gentle & calming. Antibacterial, a great preventative for acne. Known to promote restful sleep.
The ‘Botox’ of the plant world 😉 Cleansing and soothing. Increases the skin’s elasticity, firming and lifting. Rich in Vitamin C, Hibiscus also aids the skin’s collagen production.
Packed with vitamins A,B,C&E, Elderflower is excellent as a skin firmer, improving the complexion and evening out skin tone. Also known to promote blood circulation making it good for sluggish, dull skin. Contains antiviral properties and antioxidants that aid in protection against sun and free radical damage. Also provides respiratory benefits.
A blend of salts infused with a soothing and therapeutic essential oil synergy including *Lavandula angustifolia and *Pelargonium graveolens var. roseum, *Citrus limon and home dried citrus peel for added aroma, uplifting and therapeutic benefits.
• Add 2 heaped tablespoons of Botanical blend to a large heatproof bowl or pot.
• Add boiling water to the bowl, cover and allow to steep for a few minutes.
• Drape a towel over your head to create a tent and lower your face to about 25 cms from the bowl.
• Avoid going to close and if it is too much for you, move a little further away as needed.
• NB: Close your eyes. Breathe in the botanicals, relax and enjoy.
• Be especially mindful to not exceed 10 minutes of steaming.
• Afterwards, splash the face with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply a serum and/or followed by a moisturizer using upward, gentle strokes. The benefits of your serum and/or moisturizer will be greatly enhanced after a facial steam.
How often to steam?
Best results of adding a facial steam to your skin care routine is based on your skin type.
Normal Skin: face steam 1-2 x per week.
Oily/Blemish Prone Skin: no more than 2 x per week
Highly Sensitive Skin: 1 x every two weeks
***Please note: steaming is not recommended for the following conditions:
*** Extremely sensitive skin
*** Severe inflammation
*** Skin infections
*** Extreme acne
*** Sun and wind burn
*** Many broken capillaries present
*** Avoid if pregnant