Valid as of August 21, 2022
Who we are
Our website address is: https://organicfootprints.co.za
Our commitment to privacy.
Organic Footprints (OFP) is committed to maintaining a safe and sound operating environment for all our customers. OFP knows that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. We want to provide you with exceptional service, and we understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding your personal information and how it will be used.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
The information that we collect.
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information – text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information – your name, email address, date of birth.
- We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo- location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all-around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
Information from children.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18 unless the consent of their legal guardian. If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that you have obtained the consent from your guardian before using any of the OFP Services.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
For example, we send a “session cookie” to your computer any time you log in to your OFP account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page.
You are free to decline OFP cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
How we protect & store personal information.
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centres. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable international regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your OFP password with anyone.
If OFP learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the OFP Service, you agree that OFP may communicate with you electronically. OFP may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
How we use the personal info that we collect.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request.
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- perform other duties as required by law.
How we share personal information with other parties.
OFP does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if OFP is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the OFP User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our or any vendor’s behalf.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
How you can access & change your personal information.
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging into your account.
Links to other sites.
The website may contain links to other sites. OFP does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
What are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set;
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Surveys related cookies
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy
- We use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook / Instagram and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
How to contact us.